BEFORE YOU HAVE A BID
Remember, the goal with your marketing is to create urgency and let potential buyers know the property can sell as early as tomorrow. The text used in the Price Field and Headline is critical as this is what buyers will see first.
WEB PORTAL INSTRUCTIONS (BEFORE YOU HAVE A BID)
- Set the property listing type to Private Treaty / Sale*
- Use regular text in the price field, ie, Get in fast! DO NOT include the words 'Auction', 'Bid Now' or 'For Sale by Openn Negotiation'.
- Make your headline catchy, ie, An exceptional value family home
- The description field has the same paragraph at the top for every listing. Copy and paste the below and then have your listing specific description underneath.
For sale by Openn Negotiation (flexible conditions online auction). The Openn Negotiation is under way and the property can sell at any time. Contact the sales agent immediately to become qualified and avoid disappointment. Open to all buyers, including finance, subject to seller approval.
- Start your price range low before you get your first bid. After you receive bids, you will need to increase the searchable price so the property can be found by the buyer willing to pay the most.
* If you operate in an auction-oriented market, you can list the property as an auction from the outset but need to ensure your dialogue and copy clearly notifies buyers the auction has commenced and could sell today.
To ensure the maximum number of views and enquiries from potential buyers, we recommend the background price (buyer search price) should be as broad as possible and within your state’s statutory requirements.